Friday, March 30, 2012

Duck

Peking Duck Steamed Buns
I don't know what it is guys, but I freaking love duck (the food... and the animal). I don't eat meat unless it's ethically and sustainably raised and slaughtered, but if there's duck on the menu I HAVE to have it. I will not even look at anything else. I don't even know what it is! I've never had a bad experience with duck, but that's probably because I've only ever seen it in nice restaurants and therefore everything they serve probably rocks. Most crap restaurants don't serve duck, unless it's a Chinese place. I've never actually had a duck Chinese dish. Wait, maybe I have. I seem to recall eating something that looked like that picture. Still going to steer clear of crap places serving duck though.
A little afraid it may ruin my perfect run so far.

I first had duck only a couple of years ago on a prix fixe menu in Vancouver. Since then I seek it out. Some of my favorite dishes? There's this place in Sonoma, California called Sunflower CaffĂ© Espresso & Wine Bar and they're kind of famous for their Smoked Duck Breast Sandwich. It rocks. Another favorite is at the Rooftop Pizzeria in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Their Smoked Duck Pizza is so good! (My lunch sounds totally boring now.) So if you haven't eaten duck, TRY IT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment