Friday, July 13, 2012

Blue Topaz

There's just something about Blue Topaz... I know this isn't very original, guys, but it reminds me of the sea. And now that I live in the desert it seems especially important to have have at least something that makes me think of water nearby.

Pure topaz is colorless and transparent but is usually tinted by impurities; typical topaz is wine, yellow, pale gray, reddish-orange, or blue brown. It can also be made white, pale green, blue, gold, pink (rare), reddish-yellow or opaque to transparent/translucent. Naturally occurring blue topaz is quite rare. But I'm okay with lab topaz. Whatevs.

There are three levels of color saturation. I prefer the Swiss Blue. Everybody else is all about the London Blue, but that's just plain too dark for my taste. I bought a blue topaz ring at the Renaissance Faire years ago, but tried in on it 90 degree weather. It's too big in normal temperatures. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment