Friday, February 3, 2012

Abstract Print Clothing

Okay, I know that this look is getting a bit old, (by fashion industry standards) but I am still in love! If I remember correctly abstract prints first started hitting mall stores in early 2010. Or at least that is when I started noticing them. For the longest time I hated contemporary art. HATED IT! But for some reason art museums have really grown on me, and while I'll always love classic portraits and landscapes, I finally opened myself up to abstract works (especially watercolors!). Richard Diebenkorn, Pol Ledent, and Mark Rothko are a few favorites--and I would gleefully wear their art on a silky dress. To have a color print option that is not floral is what I love most. Abstract prints are fun, cosmopolitan, and there's usually so many colors in them that they will match almost anything. Florals kind of make me feel like a little girl or a home-school mom*.

*I feel really guilty for hating** on that seamstress.
**Did I just use "hate" as a verb? Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment