Friday, September 9, 2011

Azurite Fire King Glassware

"Damn fine cup of coffee."
"Fire-King is an Anchor Hocking brand of glassware similar to Pyrex and made of low expansion borosilicate glass." I don't consider myself a true collector but this is the one thing I actively seek out. That, and antique Pequot bed linens--but we'll save that for another post. I'd had a thing for milk glass but my fervor was ignited by Agent Dale Cooper's coffee cup in Twin Peaks [see previous post]. I had to have one. And as luck would have it my local antique store had the exact same mug! Unfortunately that one broke during my move back out West but I've since found more. This brand has a huge following. Thank goodness I'm an Azurite fan though. The Jade-ite pieces are the most popular (thanks, Martha Stewart).

I've noticed my affinity for opaque pastels crosses over into a lot of other areas. For instance, I only eat opaque fruit snacks (that'll have to be another post as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment