Monday, September 12, 2011

Plumiscuous Plum Mistelle

The first winery I ever visited was Forbidden Fruit in British Columbia's Okanagan Valley. Some friends and I had been camping in the Interior over the May Two-Four and my boyfriend at the time had visited this organic fruit farm nearby years before and said it was fantastic--so we stopped. Now, I've only been drinking wine for a few years and I'm still on the fence. I can now drink most types without grimacing but I wouldn't say I LOVE wine. I'd still usually prefer a cocktail. But then I tried the fruit wines at Forbidden Fruit and was completely blown away. The Plumiscuous Plum Mistelle is my absolute favorite. It's probably the best beverage I've ever had. It's a fortified red plum wine "made from Euro and Asian red plums. The aromas of this wine embrace the exotic delicate plum, and the palate exudes ripe plum, tropical fruit, melon and notes of strawberry and cranberry." It's freaking amazing, okay? I went back the following year and bought more bottles, which I have used on various special occasions, such as when I see one of those initial trip friends again after a long time apart. It's bottled summer.

1 comment:

  1. "Drink wine, and you will sleep well. Sleep, and you will not sin. Avoid sin, and you will be saved. Ergo, drink wine and be saved." --Medieval German saying

    ReplyDelete